Weddings at The Grotto
The Grotto is a beautiful location to celebrate a Catholic wedding. The Grotto has two locations for weddings: inside the Chapel of Mary and outside on the Plaza. Since the vows uniting you are sacred, it is important that you celebrate your wedding, and begin your married life together, in the fullest way possible.
To have your wedding at The Grotto, one of the couple must be a baptized, practicing Catholic who is registered in a parish.
Weddings can take place on Saturdays at The Grotto at either 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. The wedding rehearsal usually takes place on Friday evening.
The Grotto does not allow weddings during Advent or Lent, and our wedding season usually ends the second week of October, when preparations begin for The Grotto’s Christmas Festival of Lights.
- Both bride and groom must be free to marry.
- The Catholic priest who assists the couple in marriage preparation will be responsible for all pre-marriage paperwork.
- All requirements of the Catholic Church, the Archdiocese of Portland and the parish of residence must be satisfied.
- The couple must participate in the pre-marriage programs mandated by their parish (Marriage preparation is available through The Grotto. For more information go to Marriage Preparation link.
- All documents related to the marriage must be in the hands of The Grotto wedding coordinator a month before the ceremony.
- Records of marriages at The Grotto are kept in the registry of St. Rita Roman Catholic Church in Portland, Oregon.
Please contact us at 503-254-7371 for more information.